Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm BACK!!!

but where did I go??? Well I wasn't quite sure where I was going as it was all coordinated by a good friend. This is the view I have had for 4 days:


What an amazing 4 days. I won't bore anyone completely, but we were up in Maine, in Brooklin I believe which is past Blue Hill, down by a bay (on a peninsula). My friend's family owns a cottage on a plot of land that's part of a group of plots, all owned by family. We had the cottage to ourselves and the beach usually as well. We stamped, we stitched, we listened to audio books and we ate lots of yummy food.

Starting Thursday night we started Celtic Banner, by Saturday night this is what I had:

This is a green conversion and I'm loving it, the fabric is a light yellow and the border colors are Waterlilies Jade and Celadon. I'm having a blast stitching this. I didn't take a picture of where I am currently as I had to scroll all that up and I continued the border down. I haven't started the next group of letters yet.

This is my first time using scroll rods and for this project I'm happy with them. In general they are too long for me and I prefer my q-snaps but for this they are perfect and not too heavy.

After a long 6 hour drive home last night (due to traffic) I got a good nights' sleep and now it's back to work. I have 2 weeks of work until our vacation to Atlantic city but we are also going camping this coming weekend with my family back in upstate ny. This is real camping, in a tent, with an outhouse and nothing else. But it's only one night and I grew up doing this so hopefully I will survive :)

Oh goodie -- it's kindom sampler night, hopefully I don't have much to do tonight and can work on this a bit. I have a few movies I want to watch this week so maybe I'll get a start on those!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your Celtic Banner is looking great - I love the colors you've chosen!