Wednesday, May 05, 2004

One word - Celebrations!!

Literally the best weekend I've had in a long time, now I must describe in detail :)

Friday, got up early and packed and headed out at 9am to NH. Arrived by noon (hungry but couldn't think about food)... so I signed up for classes and payed to shop for the day, filled out some raffle tickets etc. Shopping: I walked into the room and I was overwhelmed, I didn't know where to start, I did a walk around gazing at things I've never seen before, so many nice threads, frames, fabrics and finished pieces on the walls! I noticed a few prices (yikes) and walked on. Finally I started my second trip around, this time I examined the pieces on the wall, determined to buy one pattern that I liked -- I ended up buying 3 :) The first pattern I found I really wanted uses a lot of WDW threads so I bought a few of the ones it calls for, i'll have to buy the rest later since I couldn't afford too many, i think i spent 10 dollars on just those threads. Then I went to Needle Pulling Thread, I found like 8 finished pieces I liked but I narrowed it down to two, one comes with beads, it has some companion pieces I really wanted but I couldn't afford. So I got out of there spending less than 40 dollars! Phew!

So I head to my uncle's house, starving now, and I get lost in Nashua, finally figure out where I am (close to BAE Systems where I interviewed months ago) and find my way to rt 111. On the way I stop to eat quick, it's an hour drive taking the back way but it's only about 25 miles. I arrive earlier than I"m expected but my cousins don't mind, they have a play date so I kind of babysit them while the moms go inside with the babies quick. 4 hours later the play date leaves and my uncle gets home, the kids wind down and go to bed and we just relax.

Saturday, I'm up early to play with the kids, then leave around 10 to go to my other cousin's soccer game, get sun burned :) But she does good and they win! By 2 I'm back at the hotel, ready for my first class:

I come in, she passes out the kit, i start to look at it, I don't recognize a single stitch, i start to get nervous, maybe i'm in over my head! Luckily she was a great teacher, took her time going over the stitches so I felt very comfortable, we didn't get anywhere near finishing but she described everything we needed to know to finish and I loved the class. During the break I went to get some food and I ran into my boyfriend's step mother! I couldn't believe it! THey were on their way to Maine for lobster, she noticed all the cross stitchers and realized this was the weekend I was talking about and she had started looking for me. What a shock! Out in Nashua!
So at 6 i waited to meet some fellow stitchers, but at 5 after I was worried I had missed them and I was freezing in the AC, so I went to stitch right outside on the patio. That was great, it was gorgeous out! Then at 7 it was time for the event, ice cream, bingo where we win goodies (I won some more WDW, an ornament kit and a fourth of july pattern), then we got our project which is real cute and I can't wait to make it! I left early though so i'm sure I missed some important directions but it was a long drive. The drive went better the second time at least!

Sunday - up at 6! Got ready, even hung out with one of the girls for a bit but left at 7, class at 8 - another fun class, this one we never started the project in just practiced all the stitches and I bought another little kit from the teacher (up to 50 dollars spending). Break time at 11 I went outside to stitch again and I started that project, got two whole lines done. Then it was time for the RR where I got 4 new projects to start, I started the first one, a scissor fob. Then I headed home - long drive! When I got home I made my boyfriend look at everything as I explained how great a time I had, then I finished up the scissor fob so I'd have one thing finished!
That was the weekend!!
Since then I've finished the box top which is the first part of the first class I took. It had some drawn thread and some bullion knots, that was the only two hard parts but it's finished and I love it. Today I just started the RR piece from that same teacher, it's a little bag that holds a tiny measuring tape, it uses Caron Waterlilies Nefertiti - which I LOVE, and i'm not sure I'll have enough so o darn i'll have to buy some!!! I really do love this thread. I just put it down though because today I need to focus on the website and make some serious progress! It's a must.. so I have a few hours now that I will work and when I make progress I get a break to stitch quick! And I'll leave it at that because this was a long entry!

No comments: