Wednesday, April 28, 2004

2 days...

And I get to leave for the Celebration of Needlework! I can't wait! I am going to leave early friday too, so I can get there early to shop and maybe stitch. Then head to my uncle's to visit with the kids since I won't see them much the rest of the weekend. Saturday I'm going to my other cousin's soccer game then back to the convention by 2 for classes. I'm meeting up with a few 123stitcher's for dinner and then going to the ice cream social/class which I will probably leave a bit early for so I don't have to drive too late. Then back by 8am for more classes on sunday!

So school is done, I've been working a bit the last few days, not too much though since I had other things to do but tomorrow I have lots of time to work and then next week since I'm taking the weekend off! I finished the wood tray I decorated, but I think I'm going to retry it because the crackled paint didn't work real well on the sides so I'm going to repaint the sides brown then crackle with the white again, maybe a thicker coat will crackle better because the center crackled fine - that's hidden by the daisy tiles though. I will put pictures up soon, just want to get it done first.

Today I went to Joan's and I bought some plant pots to decorate as well as some new stencils. One of the planters I'm going to try the crackle thing on and then decoupage a fern to the outside. The other I will try either painting and stenciling or just stenciling. I also bought a ceramic pot that I wanted to put rub on transfers on but the one I bought won't go on straight, i need smaller ones that don't wrap around so that may get saved until another trip to AC Moore which has a much better selection. Once I finish decorating the pots I then need to plant something so next week it's off to the store, I may start with seeds and try to grow some herbs in them, haven't decided for sure yet, I just don't like useless plants that you have to water, herbs I can dry and use, get some oregano and parsley (my rabbit loves parsley).

My WIP is coming along, the top now says "Win" - only ter left and then all the blue surrounding it. I don't think I will pick it up tonight because it's 11:30 and I'm ready for bed, but tomorrow I will definately make some time for it. I also got my new RR to work on - it's really cute, these little quilt hearts, I can't wait to do one, I just have to check the list of colors make sure I have them all or else I can't start it this weekend.

Well it's been a long day - rough too for my stomach, so I'm in need of some rest! I'm sure I'll have a long blog on monday though!

No comments: