Sunday, April 04, 2004

Well it's sunday so I made it on time. This past week was good I guess-- busy. Thursday night was horrible, after a long day of classes (and horrible rain) I drove out to Boston , Burlington to be exact - and the drive was the worst, I couldn't see anything, thank goodness I ran into no flooding problems though, just visibility was a problem. Then I couldn't find the hotel in Burlington for a while (I drove around for 40 minutes and finally got there at 11). Needless to say I was exhausted and went right to bed. The interview Friday went well, they seem very positive about sending me a job offer and I look forward to hearing from them. Then I went to my Aunt and Uncle's house and we had a good night, went out to eat, watched a movie. Saturday we chatted and had breakfast, around 1 I went to my other Aunt and Uncle's house and visited with them for a quick few hours -- chatting and playing with the kids, holding the baby -- these were a very happy fulfilling two days of family time :) Then I headed home to go to dinner with my boyfriend (around 9pm).

So I have this homework assignment due tomorrow and it's literally taking 3 hours to run just to see if i even programmed it right - my internet connection won't even stay online for 3 hours so I'm thinking this will be a problem. It's up to 10 of 90 iterations and each one takes quite a few minutes already. At the same time the website I'm working on is locked up again - pain in the arse. The database keeps getting messed up and I think it's the server's fault or something. I don't even know what to do at this point. I think mySQL needs to be updated but since I can't find the reason for the problem there's nothing to do right now to fix it. So I can't work on the site even while I wait for this to run. The worst part is that after it runs it needs to then run again! and if there's a problem with the code it needs to run again a few times! At the very least I can run my approximation and hand that in. The last part of the homework hasn't even been started because I don't have this part done yet! I hope I can maintain an A in this class.

Well this week I have a homework assignment to get done that finally has no programming - I have work on the website to do and probably get a bunch of cross stitch/quilting fun stuff done :) So I'm off to find some way to start the next part while this is still running!

No comments: