Sunday, April 25, 2004

A lot sure has changed...

I can't believe I didn't blog on saturday - so many things were (and are) going good. I finished my take home exam saturday - and then got an email from my financial accounting teacher that I didn't have to take the final in that class because my grade was so high. That means I am officially done with my BA degree tomorrow when I hand in my exam - then I have to TA CS1 one more time and who-la - completed. I also get my final math grade tomorrow which I really hope is an A :)

So that was going great, plus yesterday since everything was going so well I tried out some decoupage- I have this craft magazine, not sure which one and there were two wood projects in it i really liked so i had bought all the material needed to make them. Well yesterday I did the little foot stool one which has decoupage hydrangea flowers in a tiled look on top. The stool is also painted - it came out cute, definately my first try at decoupage, so there are a few bumps in the border paper - since it was a connected border and I tried to do that first - didn't go so well. But it will look great with a plant on top -- now i just need a plant :) I'll wait till I get a new apartment. Next on the list is a tray that is crackle painted and then has stenciled tiles decoupaged to the face. I stenciled daisies instead of ferns because the fern stencil was so expensive and I like daisies best :) So I did the stencil part today - this week maybe I'll get to painting the tray and then doing the crackle stuff - also new to me.

Then today I got to cross stitch, I finished up the round robin that is to be mailed tomorrow, and then worked on my WIP -It's Winter (but it's not winter any more so I'd like to finish it up soon) -- all that is left now is the top banner that says winter and is surrounded by blue. I will bring it to school tomorrow too since I have a lot of free time. I do want to start something new this week before going to the Needlework show in Nashua which I'm all signed up for now (well it has to be mailed tomorrow). I am paying 260 dollars to shop friday/sat/sun and take 4 classes, 1 is not really a class more of a social event, and 3 actually classes. I really can't wait = I have no idea what to expect but I'm sure it will be great!

I also found out that my boyfriend's step mom use to cross stitch - and she has 4 bins full of old magazines, books, patterns, fabric etc that she says I'm welcome to look through and take anything I will use. She doesn't stitch anymore (she does quilt - but has been really busy lately) -- and the reason it's coming up now is because she was going through the attic and remembered this stuff. It's really nice of her and I look forward to going through it, we're not close, but it would be nice if we went through it together and maybe had something to "bond" over, I'd love to hear the projects she's done in the past, what things she always hoped to stitch etc. My boyfriend is pretty much getting along with his parents right now so it wouldn't be out of the question - this is because he is finally moving out at the end of the summer - since he is finishing his BA too and going to law school. Not that he doesn't get along with them otherwise but I think this has helped, atleast with his step mom - his dad doesn't care either way, they always have a great bond.

Well enough of that - I am in the middle of painting my nails a new shade - some ruby sapphire prism stuff - hopefully it doesn't look like i'm sick or something.

No comments: