Friday, May 07, 2004

Stitching away...

I literally just finished the stitching of the little measuring tape pouch from last weekend. It needs to be put together but that needs an iron and I don't have one that I can adjust the setting on so I'll have to go next door tomorrow to use my mom's. It's cute though and I can't wait to see it finished.

As for my other little projects they will be on hold temporarily, my friend's sister is about to have a baby and I agreed to stitch a sampler for the baby, a noah's arc piece i found in a magazine I have... actually I didn't find it but a friend online found it and I happened to have the same magazine. I'm going to pick up the fabric for it tomorrow at ACMoore and start it this weekend, i'm hoping it won't take too long so I can get back to working on my smaller pieces and maybe start the large piece for my boyfriend.

A big surprise the other day, my dad stopped by and dropped off my birthday/graduation present, he built me the bookcase I drew for him. It was a shock, i wasn't sure he'd actually make it, but now I have it and it just needs to be stained. My dad's going to bring home some stain and poly for me so i can finish it this weekend, i just have to buy a brush.

Well it's a late night and I have a semi-early morning, plus I need to turn the lights off because the bugs are out and driving me nuts!

No comments: