Wednesday, May 26, 2004

And we have an apartment :)

I held off on blogging until I knew for sure, but I found out a little while ago, we got an apartment.

Friday we drove out to Watertown and were quite disappointed with the places we looked at. Then we stayed at my uncles and drove down Saturday to look at places in Waltham - much nicer! The first place was a type of complex and it was nice, all new stuff very easy, small but nice - so we decided it was a definate unless we found something perfect. The next few places were more spacious but older not nice. Then we went to this apartment, it's in a 4 family building, only a 1 bedroom but it has a diningroom and when we walked in we loved it. It is pretty spacious, really kept up nice. It's actually the owners of the building's apartment and they are buying a house and moving so they are now renting out their apartment. For 1350 we took it (of course that doesn't include any utilities). Plus I can't take my rabbit, there's no room for him but I will take him to the local humane society they only have 2 rabbits there now and one is kind of like him, maybe he'll get to be comfortable around other rabbits. I really will miss him, i just spent a half hour with him and he's so friendly, he will hate a caged life, i hope he gets a good owner with room for him.

So we took the apartment, pending checks on our credit and employment and went back to my uncle's. We then went to a furniture store and picked out all the furniture we like, bedroom set 1500, livingroom 1500 diningroom table 600, all not too bad. Of course we didn't buy anything yet but we will later on once we are in the place. I really can't wait to move. I've already started packing stuff up in boxes and going through my closets, throwing things out. My clothes I went through a while ago and did the salvation army thing so they should be all set. I do have to worry about getting some work clothes but I can use a credit card the week before work and be able to pay it off a month later.

I've been working a lot to save up, we should be able to cover all the bills, if my boyfriend helps out (he wants to) we should have no problem even with furniture, just get that on credit until I get a few paychecks and can pay it off (store credit not credit cards).

So this saturday is our pig roast/graduation parties. Friday I have to clean the entire house top to bottom and before that I have to help get the yard cleaned up. Other than that I'm free to work and cross stitch. If i get 2 more hours of work in today then I will feel free to cross stitch to relax and garden when my mom's home to help.

My new bookcase is all finished and set up. I filled it right up, now I just need to find room for all the stuff that was piled in front of my old bookcase that doesn't fit on the new one either (although the new one does fit a lot more stuff than the old).

Well enough babbling--i have some emails to write!

No comments: