Thursday, May 20, 2004

3 weeks left...

Well graduation weekend was fun - exhausting but fun. Friday night we stayed up playing battlefield 1942 until 5am! Then I got up at 6am in order to be to graduation by 8. That was not fun. We all made it though and sat through the 4 hour ceremony in the direct sun, sweating to death (we all got funny sun burns too). Then right as it ended it started pouring out, so we got soaked and the information booklets were red and leaked red ink all over everyone's good clothes. Luckily for me i was wearing a red dress.

After that long long day - we headed home and relaxed for a bit, i was afraid to sleep thinking i wouldn't get up for dinner, then we went to dinner at the Dakota which was good. My grandparents got me the complete mat cutting system for framing and some other things, i was psyched but haven't had a chance to try it out yet (just played with everything ) :)

The rest of the week was pretty blah, i did almost nothing, a little work, got my bookcase almost done, one coat of poly left and then it's done. Today I worked at the dept of ed and just did some updates on the website. Tomorrow though starts a busy weekend. 7pm we have an appointment in Boston to look at an apartment, then saturday i have 3 appointments set up to look at more. The rest of the time we'll be hanging out at my uncle's. Sunday we are going to stop at my sister's new apartment and see that. Then next week hopefully I can start packing. If i don't like these places I will up my amount a month and look at more places that are 1400/month next week. So far they are a little under and one or two for 1200, all in Waltham and a big selling point is parking for two cars because that can cost 100/month which might as well raise the rent anyway :) Really I am psyched, just to look and maybe i'll find the perfect place saturday. In the mean time tonight and tomorrow are busy - gotta change the oil, get work done, finish the last coat on the bookcase, varnish some of the wood crafts I did and stitch some more on the Noah's arc piece.

As far as stitching - I started the Noah's arc piece on my hand dyed blue fabric, 28 ct over 1 thread, it's going to be small but I have a great plan for it. I will cut a doulbe opening mat and put this piece in one opening and a picture of the baby in the other - i just need to get a picture too, this way i get to you my new mat cutter and pic out one of the many mats they also got me!

Well - time is money and i must earn it so off i go!

No comments: