Sunday, March 16, 2008

Flower Girl Dress #2.

This is for the 3rd flower girl - so it's in the style of the younger 3. The skirt will be cut and then hemmed closer to the wedding and being shorter will hang a little nicer over the netting but to be safe I kept it long (in case she grows a lot).
I added rick rack around the bodice bottom and ribbon for a bow in the back (mostly so it can be tightened if it's too large). This dress had some very difficult parts - mostly dealing with the underskirt of netting attached to lining. Then that also made adding the zipper a bit more difficult. After a bunch of ripping out stitches I think it came out well and I know my flower girl will love it!
The next flower girl dress will be the second Eyelet one (with purple lining) - I'm hoping to get a start on at least cutting the pattern and some of the fabric and lining and starting the basting process which takes quite a while!

No comments: