Thursday, March 12, 2009

Whew! That was crazy but our furniture and most of what we own is now in our new house! Things are no where near organized and unpacked but I've started!

It was so great having the whole family over for the weekend, and room for them all to stay with their dogs even! I really love our house! I got it cleaned up (and mopped) Thursday so the floors looked great. I also cleaned out the cabinets with a wet rag. With no electricity all day I had just water (at least warm water) at my disposal. Worked out great.

Unfortunately days of being on my feet moving and packing and unpacking stuff really wore my feet (and hands out). My feet were hurting really badly and swollen, so were my hands. I had to take it easy a couple of times.

Saturday we got all the furniture moved in, leaving mostly just the basement stuff for me to move. We also did some small repair projects around the house with everyone's help. It was wonderful. My soon to be brother-in-law is a plumber so he fixed up some leaky pipes for us, helped put in a new toilet and new sink faucet. My dad puttered around and unlocked doors, fixed a light, showed us things for our future work with the windows and doors. He couldn't sit still, always doing something.

Then some great news, we took a peak under the aluminum siding and the original siding and trim are under there! Under the porch they're in good shape too! So this summer we'll be checking that out and repainting under the porch (and the porch). We're very excited, although we have no idea what kind of condition the rest of the siding is in yet.

Our new washer and dryer came on tuesday, the washer is all hooked up in the basement. The dryer we are going to move upstairs hopefully this weekend and get hooked up. They sure are purrrty!!!

And it's back to work for me this week. Working some long hours to meet some deadlines friday but looking forward to this weekend when we plan to actually start some demo so we can insulate the walls in the back room!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Moving is such a chore but so worth it in the end. Congratulations on your new home!