Monday, March 02, 2009

Our House:
I'm sure I'll have more pictures to share as we start working on the house. This one was taken the second time we went to look at the house. We've already made some improvements (cleaning being number 1). The outside improvements will have to wait until Spring/Summer. With my sister's wedding in April I'm thinking June will be the earliest we do any real outdoor improvements.

Even doing all the work ourselves, the current estimate for just supplies for all the work we want to do inside the house is up around 60,000 dollars! That includes a kitchen remodel and putting in a master bathroom.

This is why we need to redo the kitchen eventually:
Number one - no room for a dishwasher! We're going to have to cut out some cabinets to put one in pretty soon and eventually we'll redo the entire kitchen, put in an island, new cabinets, new appliances etc.

First project however we're starting small - we're redoing a back bedroom:
This bedroom will be our home gym for now. Maybe in the future it will be a library or something but for now a gym. We have to redo the electrical throughout the house so this will be my first try at that, we need to put in new windows. Take down the plaster, add insulation and then dry wall.

We're so excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, that house is breath-taking! I love the outside design. You've got a lot of remodeling ahead of you (been there, done that, still have the t-shirt), but that house is definitely worth it! Congrats!

Jennifer said...

Wow - what an awesome house! DH and I looked at a few older houses when we were househunting - you just can't beat them for character and attention to detail. We eventually ended up going with newer construction, only because we weren't sure we were ready to take on the work of an older house just yet. (And the ones we looked at were a LOT of work!) We wanted to start a family sooner rather than later, and it came down to either a baby or restoring a house.

GOOD LUCK with the new place - I am sure it's going to be absolutely stunning when you're done, and I am looking forward to seeing your progress pictures.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Wow...your house looks so beautiful and Big too...I love your house...it is so pretty...and yeah I don't blame you for re-doing your Kitchen...My Kitchen is white and blue.

Congratulations on your New House...I am so happy for you both.

Take care & Happy Stitching