Monday, March 23, 2009

Demo update...

We had a very productive weekend with help! My husband's parents came out (surprised us!). It was wonderful. His dad is a demo maniac and basically did 3/4 of the demo himself! By dinner time Saturday night the room was completely demolished (ceiling too). Sunday we finished the cleanup and pulled out the old wiring.

We did hit a few unexpected things that will be a little more work but all hopefully manageable. Plus after demo we found that most of the walls are 2x4's, just the one interior wall is 2x3's so that makes things easier.

Now it's time to start putting things back together, we won't be putting up drywall as soon as we had planned as we have some extra framing to do but I'm optimistic that we'll have the wiring done by easter for my dad to inspect and then we can do the drywall after that.

That was pretty much our whole weekend. I did get my craft room set up though, even though i haven't used it yet. Maybe tonight i'll get some sewing done... except this nagging headache all day may put me to bed early :(

No comments: