Friday, February 29, 2008

Wow - where did February go???? I've been very neglectful of my blog :( Work has been just crazy the past few weeks, it probaby won't let up but at least the stress should reduce considerably now that my code has been fully integrated and I'm on to just bug fixes.

For the non-geeks out there - how about some sewing news.. I can't believe I have not taken pictures - I promise to post pictures soon but I must share anyway.

Last weekend (friday night and saturday morning specifically) I finished the first flower girl dress! I even did a temporary hem so I could try it on my cousin and it looks beautiful! I really do promise pictures soon. I ABSOLUTELY love how it came out and I can't wait to make the second one!

I also fitted the mockup dress on my other cousins and determined which sizes to make them (I have sizes all set for 4 out of 5 flower girls!). Of course I need to adjust patterns because 2 of them are between sizes on me - that will be an adventure!

I also stitched some more on Deb's RR - getting close to finished on the actual house, then just all the rest to do - one month to go before I need to mail it so I need to get on it.

Oh and I designed my invitations for the wedding which I am officially making now. My close friend and sister helped and I have lots of offers of help but first I need to wait for an order of paper to come in for the perfect color. I'll show some pictures when I do invites too... so much fun stuff to do!

and since it's Feb 29th - Happy Leap Year! I might as well do my goal wrap up for the month:
Sewing:
1) Finish one flower girl dress YES
2) Start second flower girl dress Not quite - did another mockup dress!

Stitching:
1) Start Deb's NRR YES
2) Finish 1/2 of the outside of my needlecase piece Not quite but I do have the silks for this now!

Knitting:
1) Start the knitted lamb for coworker YES
2) Finish green scarf for me YES
3) Start green hat for me Nope - i started it but then decided on a different pattern so i need to restart. Other priorities go in the way!

No comments: