Monday, February 04, 2008

Pictures and Stitching!!!

Here is the needle case thingy I've been working on since Celebrations 2007. The two on the right are the inner pockets, the round piece is the pincushion and then the long piece on the left is the outside and the stitching I've done is for the front. Last night I actually finished the spiderweb stitch that finishes the center and I just have 4 flowers to stitch in the corners and then the back and binding to do. The problem is I don't have colors I like for the flowers so I need to order some - it's all in silks and I thought I had some purple silks but I don't (I don't want to use the pinks it calls for).
And then Saturday I made a mockup of the older girls flower girl dresses in some scrap fabric, this is a size 8 which is what they both currently wear. Unfortunately the size 8 was too small for both of them, significantly too small for the younger one (who is a little wider in the chest area). So next up is to make a size 10 for the oldest and then try that on the younger to determine if I need to go with a 10 or 12 for her.
And pictures of fabric! The 3 youngest flower girls will have summer dresses made in the following colors:
And the two older ones will have this white eyelet fabric with purple and green linings and ribbons to match. The oldest will be in green and the younger in purple. The purple is the exact color of the ribbon on my wedding dress and the style ribbon I do on both will match. I think this will be so cute!
That was the majority of my weekend, mostly relaxing, doing some stitching, some sewing and then spending sunday with my cousins, trying the dress on them and measuring them. I probably won't have too much time to sew next weekend, maybe get some size 10 patterns traced and cut out but the weekend after I plan on sewing up the size 10 maybe??

2 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, I really like the scissor case piece. Who is the designer?

Anonymous said...

wow!
thats a lot of hardwork...goodluck with the stitching! like the green one!