Saturday, February 21, 2004

Texture Synthesis...

I have now spent 6 hours on synthesizing this stupid piece of texture that looks like a basket or something. At first way back when the algorithm wasn't perfected it was doing really great, now that i have the algorithm correct as I believe it to be (works for the edges now as well as the center) it doesn't work AT ALL. Then to really make me mad, ctrl-c isn't working to cancel the program while it's going so it just drones on and I have to wait for it to finish and retest it with new numbers.

Anyway, so that's my computer vision homework that's been a task since yesterday, after this texture synthesis I have one last programming question to do which should be somewhat simple since it's matrices and i'm used to those. Then I have to work on this website I'm doing for someone which is coming along well so far and I get paid really well for it.. this would ideally all be done tonight so that tomorrow my boyfriend can use the computer and guess what - I can cross stitch finallY! and quilt! I would absolutely love to get some relaxing done...

Friday I worked 9 1/2 hours which is good for the money but it was a long day, then I come home and my boyfriend wants to play civ 3 some more - so we did for a little while but then I started this assignment before falling asleep. I had already gotten the written part done and the first problem started earlier in the week. I haven't even looked at what kind of work I have in the rest of my classes due this week, I know i have a math test coming up soon and financial accounting just some quizzes I have to read and do the homework for.

So we're going out to visit my aunt and uncle next weekend - my cousin is healthy and adorable (got some pictures already). She came home on friday and this weekend is a big weekend with her two "big" sisters getting to know her and getting used to the new routine of a baby in the house. My uncle is getting his eye surgery this week so he won't need glasses, he figured since he's taking time off to be home for the baby might as well fit this in too, but he will probably be out of commission for a day or so i assume, don't know much about the surgery.

As for my health, not much better but I did go out to dinner tonight and eat a bit more than usual, though nothing all day except a mini bagel or two and some chocolate. Gotta kick whatever this thing is.
Well - gotta get the rest of my surfing done while my program is running so when it finishes i can see how wrong it is still and stare at it wondering why me!!!

No comments: