Sunday, February 15, 2004

Not doing too bad...

Considering I have no real cross stitching news lately... I did work a bit on It's Winter Friday night but then my sister came over and we just talked until about 2 am when our boyfriends showed up, so she left with hers and mine stayed. Yesterday was valentine's day - my boyfriend and I played Civ 3 all day long then went to dinner, then I started feeling sick and went to bed early (11). There is some really great news from last night however - my boyfriend got his first acceptance letter to law school!! It's Pace law school in White Plains, it's a third tier and definately a decent school. So now he's definately going to law school - if not Pace then a better one next year :)

Today I managed to play civ 3 for 4 hours in the morning (since 8 am) then clean the whole house - 2 1/2 hours, shower and relax - now my boyfriend is coming over for another 2 hours of civ before going out for the night, then I'll get my homework and work done hopefully so tomorrow won't be too stressful.

I started my new job on Friday - It's great, I learned a lot and even got a few tasks done, I can't wait to go back next Friday. The only downfall is that everyone there works crazy late hours and I felt really stupid leaving at 6 which was 9 hours (minus a lunch break) so I may work until 7 from now on, we'll see how it goes. I could even go in earlier once I get a hang of what I'm doing and I don't need anyone around since NO ONE gets there before 9, it's amazing. I really do like the work though and it's all new stuff to me, working with Oracle and PHP. Almost time to update my resume.

Well i will leave it at that, I have a few emails to get done before the boyfriend gets here :)

No comments: