Monday, September 17, 2007

As promised here's a progress picture! I finished the actual house on Karen's RR last night and I'm going to be working on the greenery now! I'm doing Daisy Lane cottage with modifications (I notice Leslie is doing the same on Carol's right now - great minds think alike! :) )

And the skirt in it's finished state. I did manage to finish it friday night but I could not wear it saturday as I'd hoped, i have nothing to wear that goes with it! So I bought some patterns of tops I like, but I did not have time to get coordinating fabric as yet. I will do this soon!
The weekend was a good one - Saturday I bought my wedding dress! It was definitely more expensive than I had hoped but I'm very happy with it and I know I made the right decision. So if i can save money by doing alterations myself with a friend I think it will work out.

Plus with the dress done I've now settled on colors for the bridesmaids! We're going with a light honeydue green and lilac accents! So now i'm on the hunt for fabric to make the flower girl dresses (5 of them!).

Sunday and today i've been plagued by migraines but i seem to be doing better now and our new treadmill arrived so it's back to running daily and getting in shape! I hope to post a little more regularly as well. I'm going through my pictures, uploading, ordering prints and planning my scrapbook as well as I've really lagged behind (a year and half behind!) and I don't do that much scrapbooking, just a page per event!

5 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great progress on your house. Funny that we stitched the same house this round. I had originally planned to stitch Woodland Cottage on Carol's until I saw you already had:)

Nic said...

Gosh! You're going to be busy with all the sewing for your wedding!

Anonymous said...

You are going to be so busy! The colours sound gorgeous :o)

Carol said...

Awesome start on Karen's RR! I noticed you and Leslie were stitching the same chart too - which is cool, because it is such a nice one! I am sure Karen will love this!

Michelle said...

Congrats on getting your wedding dress. The honeydew and lilac will be gorgeous together! Great progress on your RR too!