Monday, June 11, 2007

Well that was a busy weekend - didn't really feel like a break. But I did get some stuff done (no stitching) -- here's my finished quilt hanger - please excuse the messy craft room, it's the only room not unpacked yet. And the microwave cart is also finished....
And already put to use!
I also got the dresser almost finished, it needs one more coat of poly tonight, then I have to do all the knobs, which are stained but no poly yet. I want to put them on the drawers sticking out before I poly them.

And lastly I finished staining the sofa table and bookcase last night so they both need 3 coats of poly - this is the last time I buy shaker style furniture UNFINISHED! All those bars are killer! But I will love these pieces when they are done!

More pics as more furniture is finished and hopefully soon I will have time again to stitch. Besides furniture I worked a bit this weekend and I think that's it. Tonight includes a trip to ACMoore to take advantage of some sales! I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

claudia said...

The furniture you have finished looks great. It may be time consuming with all the bars that are on the shaker style stuff, but it all looks so worth it! You did a fantastic job. I think you have much more patience than I would have.

Anonymous said...

They look really nice Nicole. Definitely worth the time and effort you've put in. And they look nice and solid - will last you years.