Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Christmas is coming! And that means sewing!!!

I spent last weekend trying to get into the holiday mood craft wise. I decided on some gift ideas that I can use my new machine for! For each kid (there are 5 - they were all flower girls too!) I am making a craft apron and buying craft supplies (each different crafts).

So I went to Joann's Saturday and got some fabric, prompty washed it and Sunday I set out to making the first 3. 2 of them I completed by Sunday night, the 3rd is almost done, just need to pick up more D-Rings. The 4th and 5th are not yet started (actually need to get some fabric for the 5th!).
These are the two in child size large. I have two mediums (1 almost done) and 1 small to do. I am very excited, I'm embroidering the names on the pockets and using my fancy stitching along the top of the pocket on the pink ones. The Soccer one got red bias tape instead. I also used silver metallic thread on the pink ones which is something my old machine could not handle!

After these little things are done I have some ideas for a single Amish Quilt block that I plan to make for 4 people on my xmas list. I bought the fabric (they may be different colors each) and I'm really looking forward to making the miniature wall hangings.

This coming weekend I'm off to my sister's house to teach her how to use her sewing machine and help her make curtains (as well as play with the puppy!). That gives me the weekend before xmas to SEW some more! Plus each evening I can squeeze it in!

No comments: