Friday, April 18, 2008

Gifts and Treats!!

First - is a lovely birthday surprise from Carol! This arrived the day before my birthday with Wendy's RR. It's my very first needleroll and so perfectly done, I love it! Without further ado:
When I was in CA, my two friends out there gave me a wonderful birthday/wedding gift- it's preciously made by hand! It's a purse - dupioni silk and ribbon flowers and pearls on the front. It's so exquisite, I can't believe they MADE it!
Even better - inside was this antique handkerchief with pulled thread work - in blue! How perfect!
And as a birthday gift to myself while I was in CA, we went to a quilt shop and I splurged a bit on fat quarters:
I would have posted this yesterday but it wasn't a very good birthday, I got to work and got inundated with cruddy stuff to deal with, it was a crappy day overall. Plus I had class at 4pm which luckily ended early (the only bright spot to my day) and i came home and relaxed and talked to my mom for a few hours! So it ended well at least.

And now i have a busy busy weekend coming up but first a busy day of work at home and then cleaning around the house - yeah :)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Aw, my pleasure Nicole! It came out a bit larger than I had expected and was a bit of a bear to stuff - LOL!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy Birthday! What a great gift from Carol!