Friday, November 02, 2007

Pictures!!

First here's the Shepherd's Purse, finished except for beading and initials:


And here are my first pair of curtains! They came out great! I can't believe I got them even along the bottom and everything. These are the largest curtains I have to make so they are the hardest too right?? :) I love this fabric!

The curtains didn't take long, maybe an hour and a half. I have fabric for the kitchen curtain and then I have to figure out what to do about my sewing room because it has 3 windows, so i'd need 8 yards of fabric - kind of a problem... unless I do three different curtains...

Next up on the list is either the kitchen curtain or the table cloth for the diningroom.

Note to self on curtains: The walking foot is your friend!

7 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Beautiful finish! Love the curtains you made too.

Nic said...

That's a sweet finish!

And well done on the curtains - I have to admit I get my mum to help with mine - but then again my main window is 90 inches across, so you can imagine the amount of fabric I need! We had both of us hemming, one at each end - my mum has a rule, no machine hemming, ever! LOL - it kept us warm though :o)

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job on those curtains. It's really not easy to get them straight.

Lovely finish. Congratulations!

Carol said...

Awesome Nicole - both the Shepherd's Purse and the curtains!!

The Silver Thistle said...

You've made a lovely job of the curtains. I used to make all my own at one time. Laziness prevents me now though, ;)

Deb said...

Great job on your curtains! It's not easy making those! LOL And, yor finish is wonderful, too. The Shep's Purse is so beautiful.
Hugs,
Deb

Michelle said...

Gorgeous finish! Congrats on the curtains too - those can be a real pain to sew!