Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I wish every night was like last night. Seriously it was great.

I got home around 5 and decided to organize. So i got out my fabric bins and cross stitch stuff and put away everything that has been living on my diningroom table. Once that was done I decided to do some scrap booking to get the pages I bought put away. So i got out my scrapbook and my caligraphy and made a few pages. I have more to make but i ran out of nice pages so i'll have to get more. Darn a trip to Joanns needed :)
My boyfriend got home around 8 - just as I was finishing scrapbooking and picking up, so I cooked up a pizza (with only a little help on the crust), and it was good. So we ate and then I moved on to starting my quilt block pin for guild night this month. I cut it out and started piecing.
Then we went to the gym - got home around 10:30 so I started piecing my block so more - and it was too small - wierd, so i took it apart, figured out how it's supposed to go again, and put it together again, still too small, took apart a piece and tried again - still small, so now all the triangles are together, too small but together none the less so i'm leaving them. I don't care that much :) Now I just have to cut the squares smaller to get them all together. I do have enough fabric to probably recut larger squares since i must have messed something up - but i added seam allowances so i'm just confused.

Oh and before bed i checked and fixed something on the website. A very productive night i'd say :) Tonight i'm off to my quilt store, which is good because i can buy the fabric for my amish quilt and show off my ohio stars, i'm sure all the ladies there will be much farther on their projects than me but at least i have something small to show.

Maybe by my next stitch night my herb sampler will be framed - i wont' count on it but she did say two weeks so maybe :) That would be too great. I can't believe i actually finished it. And mystic sampler will get finished real soon (this month or next), a start to a very productive year. Last year was productive but all round robin pieces so i saw almost nothing finished. But this year is different, and i'm still doing round robins and charity on top of that!

Oh and I should frame bunny gingham soon - i need to get him out and measure him and maybe order a frame on line and try my hand at it. And the friendship piece i finished last year needs to be turned into an album cover, i should get that out and buy some fabric to match tonight - way cool :) Things are getting finished!

No comments: