Tuesday, December 07, 2004

A picture of my last block. The next picture will be after most of the quilt is put together I hope - maybe monday.

Grandmother's Bouquet

Click for a larger picture

Well last night was productive again, feeling pretty good about that. I cooked up a few meals, tacos for dinner and leftovers, then some zesty herb chicken and white rice for lunches. After that I worked on the website for a good 2 hours, made some good progress and then when my boyfriend got home I just read the rest of the night while he watched some tv to unwind.

I'm reading "Crewel World" by Monica Ferris. I really want to read her series mostly because it takes place in a needlework shop, by a needlework shop owner. They are mysteries. And they keep your interest pretty well. From a more literary perspective however they are not great. If it was a movie I'd say the actors were acting too "forced" and not natural, that's the best way to describe it, it's not "subtle" when trying to get points across. But it's not horrible - and the plot is good enough to keep my interest plus they're SHORT - always a bonus since I have very little time to read these days.

Tonight is my quilt class which I'm very much looking forward to. I need to call my teacher and let her know i'm coming for sure due to the weather it was a bit iffy for everyone but I have a new Audi so I can handle a little snow :)

I'm getting so excited to put my quilt together this saturday, i really can't wait! I don't even know what to do in the meantime! What will I work on tomorrow night at my aunt's - I guess cross stitch, of course when I was quilting I wanted to be stitching, now that I can't quilt I want to ... that's the way life goes :)

No comments: